Hello y'all!
This is just a little update as to what has happened in our summer, not anything big but it still seems really busy.
I, Milinda, am working for Pickleville playhouse again this summer. Designing lights for their Melodrama and the sound tech for the Musical. I've found designing to be a little frustrating actually. It's hard to have a director come and rework everything that you jsut spent hours putting together. I guess this is something that I'll have to deal with in this profession.
So that is what occupies my evenings... all of my evenings. I'm also working in Pickleville's box office in the mornings and afternoons, and on those days off, Kelly and I have a job cleaning dorm rooms after the EFY kids leave... goodie! ;-)
Kelly went out to GA for his two week military training, and still didn't get to wrestle an alligator... yes its on his to do list. It was hot and humid, but the day spent at the beach was fun fo him once they had finished all the military stuff.
I was just called as the primary choruster in our little married student ward. The primary has about 5 kids total and they are all little bundles of energy. Today was my first time actually directing the children... and it feels more like herding them. I have yet to figure out how to get them to sing the words... its not that they are mute little children... they just don't have much interest in the actual music.
But that's us this summer!
1 comment:
Fun times. Are you taking any masters courses this summer or just working? And why doesn't that surprise me about Kelly wanting to wrestle an alligator ;).
How old are the kids in your primary group? In our last married student ward at BYU we had 3 "Primary" kids that were all around 3 years old. Yeah, basically they just combined it with Nursery.
It's good to hear from you! It's fun here in NM, but sometimes I feel a little isolated, especially from the fam. Thanks for updating!
Post a Comment