Friday, May 8, 2009

Beginning of the term

I'm back from NYC! I'll be slowing posting stories and pics on my other blog, but I thought I'd put a little update on this one. James and I are both attending Spring term. He's taking E&M and Classical Mechanics, both very nerdy classes :P... And I'm taking Floral Design and Senior English. And I got a job! It'll only last for spring term, but it's something. I've had Norah, the floral design teacher, before this term for a plant class so I felt comfortable asking her after class if she knew of any jobs. I was hoping for a referral to a wholesaler or a floral shop, but I got something even better for my situation. She needed one more floral design TA, and even though I'll be taking the class at the same time I'll be a TA for it, she gave me the position. So basically I'm learning everything I could possibly learn from this class, especially the design labs because I'm teaching as I'm learning. It's been pretty exciting so far. We made Mother's Day bouquets in our four labs this week and it was really fun giving the students my opinion on color schemes and assisting them in design techniques I had just learned in lecture.

P.S. Happy Mother's Day!!

No comments: