Sunday, May 10, 2009

Kidney Stones = No Fun

I am a day past my "star wars" treatment for my kidney stone. They took a little laser and blasted the bugger to pieces and drug them out of there. I guess it was big enough that they didn't want to wait, it was too big to "pass" naturally, plus since I was bleeding, the chance for infection was getting fairly great. All I know is that I hurt more now than I did before, and that a general anesthetic makes me throw up -- for hours. I am very grateful for pain killers.
In two weeks I get to get the stint out, which is a unnatural little tube they left up there because the procedure left a tear in some natural little tube. I am not sure which one. I also get to have a series of tests to see if they can tell why this happened and if my diet has anything to do with it.
The bad news for all of you is that we previously had no family history for kidney stones. We do now. So drink lots and lots and lots of fluids.

1 comment:

Milinda said...

That just really sucks!